American Shakespeare Theater Est. 1955 - Handmade Antique Finish Wood Framed Print - 32-in
- Celebrate the rich history of the American Shakespeare Theater in Stratford, Connecticut.
- Artfully crafted by Stratford, Connecticut based, Pop's Garage.
- Hand crafted sign combines black text on white background elegantly framed with antique finish wood frame
- Measures 32-in W x 9 H
- Dual saw tooth hangers on back for easy hanging
- Perfect for vintage, country, coastal and neutral decors
The American Shakespeare Theatre was a theater company based in Stratford, Connecticut in the United States. It was formed in the early 1950s by Lawrence Langner, Lincoln Kirstein, John Percy Burrell and philanthropist Joseph Verner Reed. The American Shakespeare Festival Theatre was constructed and the program opened on July 12, 1955, with Julius Caesar. Sadly, the theater building burned to the ground on January 13, 2019 and continues in the memory of many who remember the theater in its days of glory.