Fonio Yassa Pilaf With Onion, Lime and Chili - 7-oz (Black Friday Sale Price: $2.99)
Black Friday Sale Price: $2.99
Fonio is a tiny, nutritious, climate-smart ancient grain that has been prized across West Africa for over 5,000 years. It’s light, fluffy, and just a bit nutty, and it cooks in just five minutes.
See the TED Talk about Fonio by owner and chef, Pierre Thiam - where he shares the cuisine of his home in Senegal through global restaurants and highly praised cookbooks.
Fonio is high in protein, fiber, and iron; gluten-free, and with a low glycemic index. The grain also has a particularly strong amino acid profile, and high levels of methionine and cysteine, which support tissue growth and are deficient in most grains. Fonio is also valued for its easy digestibility and suitability for people suffering from diabetes.
- Fonio Pilaf blends are inspired by the cuisine of West Africa and cook in just 5 minutes.
- They are light + fluffy, and full of bright, vibrant flavors and ingredients sourced from West Africa.
- Fonio Pilafs go with anything and will enliven any meal!
- Yassa! aka "The Spice" One of Senegal’s most popular dishes,
- Yassa is made with lots of caramelized onions, lime, and a kick of chili pepper, and served with grilled chicken or fish.
- Net weight 7-oz
- Serves 4
- Cooks in 5 minutes
Ingredients: Fonio, salt, flake select potassium (potassium chloride, salt, tricalcium phosphate), onion, organic carrot, dried yeast, dried onion, sunflower oil, citric acid, lime juice powder (IP maltodextrin, lime juice solids), onion, scallions, organic lemon powder (organic rice maltodextrin, organic lemon juice concentrate, organic lemon oil), makrut lime leaves, spices, bay leaves, dried habanero chiles.