Greens! Fonio Pilaf With Moringa and Spinach - 7-oz (Cyber Monday Sale Price: $2.99)
Black Friday Sale Price: $2.99
Fonio is a tiny, nutritious, climate-smart ancient grain that has been prized across West Africa for over 5,000 years. It’s light, fluffy, and just a bit nutty, and it cooks in just five minutes.
See the TED Talk about Fonio by owner and chef, Pierre Thiam - where he shares the cuisine of his home in Senegal through global restaurants and highly praised cookbooks.
Fonio is high in protein, fiber, and iron; gluten-free, and with a low glycemic index. The grain also has a particularly strong amino acid profile, and high levels of methionine and cysteine, which support tissue growth and are deficient in most grains. Fonio is also valued for its easy digestibility and suitability for people suffering from diabetes.
- Fonio Pilaf blends are inspired by the cuisine of West Africa and cook in just 5 minutes.
- They are light + fluffy, and full of bright, vibrant flavors and ingredients sourced from West Africa.
- Fonio Pilafs go with anything and will enliven any meal!
- Greens! aka "The Garden" Moringa is a West African tree known for its highly nutritious leaves.
- This bright and savory blend is great with grilled fish or chicken, a pot of beans, or in a veggie burger
- Net weight 7-oz
- Serves 4
- Cooks in 5 minutes