Mermaid - Etched Scrimshaw Antique Bone Box
- Our small bone boxes are perfect for holding jewelry, keys and keepsakes, and are unique decor for your nautical home, beach house, or office.
- Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by etching varying designs on genuine ox bone.
- Antique reproduction scrimshaw bone box with removable lid
- Antiqued brass hinges, lid latch and green felt-lined interior.
- Authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
- Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike
- 6-1/2-in L x 2-1/4-in W x 1-1/2-in D