Old World Christmas Handcrafted Blown Glass Ornament - Chef's Coat
This double-breasted cotton jacket is reversible to hide stains & has knotted cloth buttons to survive frequent laundering. Marie-Antoine Careme developed the current chef's uniform in the mid-19th century. ''Chef's whites'' also includes the toque blanche & black/white hound's-tooth pants. White represents cleanliness. Bon appetit!
- Hand crafted in age-old tradition with techniques that originated in the 1800s
- Molten glass is mouth-blown into finely carved molds
- Ornament is hand-painted and glittered in a series of labor-intensive steps to achieve the beautiful creations
- Traditionally designed, hand-crafted ornaments
- Measures 4.25 X 3 X 1.75 (H X W X D)