Tidepieces by Alan Winick - Race Point Provincetown Cape Cod Massachusetts - Tide Clock
- Handcrafted by local artisan, Alan Winick, this tide clock has the image of Race Point Light in historic Provincetown, Massachusetts, with a harbor tide that rises and falls as the actual tide in your location goes from high to low.
- Race Point Light was first established in 1816 and the original light was a 25 foot rubblestone tower that featured one of the earliest rotating beacons.
- In 1858 the light received a 4th order Fresnel lens and in 1874, a second keeper's quarters.
- After significant deterioration of the original tower, it was replaced in 1876 with a 45-foot tall cast iron tower lined with brick and equipped with a Fresnel lens. The original keeper's stone house was removed and replaced with one made of wood
- In 1960 the larger keeper's house was removed and the other house updated.
- In 1972 the light was automated.
- In 1995, the keeper's house was again updated and overnight stays were offered in the rooms.
- Currently, the facility is operated by both a solar electrical system and a wind turbine back-up generator.
- Operation of the site is managed by the American Lighthouse Foundation and tours are available on the first and third Saturdays from June until October.
- Both the Keeper's House and the Whistle House are available for overnight rental.
- Tide clock has a blue wood frame with dual faced clock.
- Bottom of clock provides the traditional tide clock showing current tide. Dial provides hours to high tide and to low tide.
- Top of clock is what makes this time piece truly unique. A mechanically animated display of the waterline of the Herring Cove and the Atlantic Ocean rises and falls as the tide goes from high to low.
- Clock measures 11-in H x 6-1/2-in W x 2-in D
- Can be displayed free standing or on a wall.
- Construction: Wood frame, plastic, paper and metal housing.
- Uses one AA battery - not included.
- Ships in a gift box with instructions.
- Artisan limited warranty: 3 years
- See the complete Tidepieces Collection
As seen in: