Vicki Soto Hearts of Hope Ornament - Flamingo Runner
- Introducing the 2018 Hearts of Hope Ornament honoring the memory of Vicki Soto, the Stratford, CT teacher who lost her life tragically and heroically in the Sandy Hook shooting in Newtown on December 14, 2012.
- This is one of three specialty ornaments created by the Hearts of Hope organization in Stratford, CT.
- This ornament has the image of a Flamingo running with sneakers on and has printed text that reads, "Vicki Soto 5K" - representing the widely popular 5K race that is held in Stratford annually to honor Vicki Soto (this year, the race takes place on Nov 3rd 2018 - go to VickiSoto5K.com for more information)
- The ornament measures 3-3/8 x 4-in and has a small metal pendant that reads "Hope."
- Each ornament comes in white organza bag with information about both organizations and is ready for gift giving.
- Makes a wonderful gift for the holidays that can be displayed year round.
100% of the proceeds from the sale of these ornaments goes to:
Hearts of Hope (75%)
Vicki Soto Memorial Fund (25%)
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions of any kind.
About the Artist
Alese Tait is a highly talented artist from Stratford, CT who designed both last year's Heart's of Hope Lighthouse ornament and all three Vicki Soto ornaments this year. Alese studied Fine Arts at the University of Connecticut and works with Stratford students who have various disabilities.
About Hearts of Hope
Hearts of Hope is a "pay-it-forward" program established in 2001. Since their first delivery following the 9/11 tragedy, volunteer "painters" have created Hearts of Hope by the tens of thousands. These hearts are made with love by people just like you who wish to show caring and compassion in the form of a small keepsake gift. For more information about the Hearts of Hope organization or about volunteer opportunities, contact them at ourheartsofhope.org.
About the Vicki Soto Memorial Fund
The mission of The Vicki Soto Memorial Fund, Inc. is to promote a love of education by honoring Vicki’s passion for life and commitment to teaching. In carrying on with Vicki’s legacy, all donations and money raised goes to the fund and is used to support many important and vital educational initiatives and fulfill the literacy needs of the Stratford, CT community. For more information, go to vickisotomemorial.com