Visible Mending: A Modern Guide to Darning, Stitching and Patching the Clothes You Love - Paperback
- We all have that favorite pair of jeans – no matter how baggy or worn they might become.
- In the movement against throw-away culture and fast fashion, learn how to pick up a needle and rediscover the forgotten techniques and the joy of mending.
- In Visible Mending, Arounna explores why we should mend, and how to mend a variety of different fabrics.
- Work through the illustrated step-by-step instructions that will demystify mending techniques and discover how these can be easily applied to old
items to give them a fresh, modern look.
- Packed with skill-based projects, this book reveals how to patch jeans, embroider over tears, dye stains and use the Japanese art of Sashiko.
- Visible Mending is a book for those who want to learn how to make the most of their wardrobes, be less wasteful, more sustainable and add a personal touch to their garments.
- 144 pages
Repair, reuse and renew the clothes you love
About the Author
Arounna Khounnraj is a Canadian artist and maker. In 2002 she started Bookhou, a multi-disciplinary studio with her husband John Booth, where Arounna explored a variety of printing and embroidery techniques, creating utilitarian objects such as bags, home goods and textiles.