The history of Orange can be traced to 1639 when the Reverend Peter Prudden and a group of his followers from Wethersfield Colony founded a settlement in this remarkable area. Separated from Milford and incorporated in 1822, the town was named after William of Orange in gratitude of his assistance to early American colonists. In its early years the town was a rural farm community and remained so until after World War II. Many of the families who reside in town are descendants of the earliest European settlers. These families have been instrumental in preserving the charm of an open space, rural community whose spirit remains refreshing. In the over two hundred photographs included in this title are faces from many generations and time periods. The images are sure to amuse and please all readers; some with comic value, others for the gentle moments they captured.
- Page Count: 128
About The Author