This is Home: The Art of Simple Living - Illustrated Hardcover
- This is Home is a back-to-basics guide on how to create authentic wholehearted interiors. It's about living simply – finding the essence of what makes you happy at home and creating spaces that reflect your needs and style.
- Filled with clever ideas and creative spaces it shows that you don't need a huge budget to create a beautiful home.
- This is Home provides examples and case studies of places with a global and timeless feel that haven't always been renovated in the traditional sense but are true homes.
- Featuring eight case studies from Australia, the US and Europe, and nearly 200 color photographs, This is Home will inspire you with beautiful, authentic places you want to be – today.
- The big picture: how to determine your decorating personality, and what's authentic for you.
- Starting over: let go of the past and create a home for the person you are today, with a focus on decision-making and the art of editing.
- Living for now: Work out a budget for your time and money using your values as a guide. Where you can spend and save when it comes to creating lasting interiors.
- The Art of ingenuity: Think creatively, not expensively, when it comes to making changes at home. Going beyond the usual suspects can help you to create a home that's distinctively yours.
- The poetry of space: Successful spaces are all about addition and subtraction, positive and negative. How to create balance within a room while reflecting your decorating style.
- The feel of a home: Create interiors that make you feel, and have an emotional connection. How to introduce decorative elements that make for authentic interiors.
- Surrounding spaces: Key ideas to consider when creating your place in relation to its environment - from the surrounding landscape to local community.
- Maintaining the focus: Ways to evolve what's important for you and keep focused on your aesthetic and lifestyle.
- Happy renewal: How to keep your home fresh without exhausting or expensive overhauls.
- Rest and revive: How our homes can function as a place to rest our bodies, rejoice in our relationships and restore our values.