Triple Rock Cairn - 6-in
- 3 part natural beach pebbles / river rocks stacked with metal rod support in middle.
- Suitable for display on desk, counter, shelf, in the window bay or anywhere where you seek a natural marker of peace and tranquility.
- Measures 6-in H x 4-in x 3-1/2-in
- The word cairn comes from the Scottish Gaelic: càrn [ˈkʰaːrˠn̪ˠ]
- In modern times, cairns are often erected as landmarks, a use they have had since ancient times. However, since prehistory, they have also been built and used as burial monuments; for defense and hunting; for ceremonial purposes, sometimes relating to astronomy; to locate buried items, such as caches of food or objects; and to mark trails, among other purposes.
- Cairns are used as trail markers in many parts of the world, in uplands, on moorland, on mountaintops, near waterways and on sea cliffs, as well as in barren deserts and tundra.